10p sex chat straight through
Kacie Barradell from Derby ingested the 10p-sized lithium cell battery which fell out of a button car key.She has spent a total of eight weeks in hospital and her parents have been warned she might be paralysed from the waist down.
(And yes, you too, Mom.) The actual 30-day period took place in the fall of 2013.
Sheila Merrill, its public health adviser, said: 'Young children are naturally inquisitive, and explore the world in part by putting things in their mouths.'As more and more electronic items are introduced into the family home, the potential for children to swallow button batteries increases, and this can lead to choking or poisoning.'We want parents, grandparents, childminders and carers to be aware of the danger and understand that these seemingly harmless little batteries can cause serious injury to children.' The batteries react with saliva which prompts a build-up of caustic soda that acts like acid eating through flesh - and begins to burn through internal organs. OUT OF REACH: Keep devices with button batteries out of reach if the battery compartments aren't secure and lock away and loose or spare batteries2.